Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing #7

Using Google Tools has limitless possibilities, but you need a lot of computer time to take advantage of all they offer. I know we can pick and choose, but, for example, I chose iGoogle and set up a page. Of course, I personalized the page, but I think it will be difficult to take full advantage of it every day. I guess the attitude is when you need it, it is there.

I also downloaded and explored Google Earth, which will be great for explaining the setting of a story. Taking students to Canada to explain how important the setting is for Hatchet would give them background knowledge before they read the story. During a videoconference about sled dogs, the host took the class to Google Earth to point out the distance between our location and their location.

No comments: