Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #20

I searched videos on YouTube and TeacherTube. I watch Ted Poe's speech in Congress about the United States standards for light bulbs. It was viewed by over 4 million viewers, and I was curious because my theme for the library this year is "Living Green." I think 5th graders would understand the message, and I think it could also be useful in showing them what it looks like when Congress is in session. Since it is election year, and we will be discussing presidents and U.S. symbols, I watched "Lady Liberty" on TeacherTube, and I plan on using it in October when we will be discussing this event. These are amazing tools to use in the classroom, and I think it will provide more authentic learning opportunities. I will definitely be searching videos this year to enhance my lessons in the library. (I tried several different ways to embed the video, even using ZamZar, and I wasn't successful. So, here is the link until I figure out the problem.)

http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=fbe2f28760472a381534

No comments: